The National Groundworks Ltd Health & Safety Policy
It is the policy of National Groundworks Ltd to carry out operations so far as is practicable to minimise damage to the environment, to reduce landfill, use recycled products and employ working practices that demonstrate environmental savings.
National Groundworks Ltd's H&S policy ensures that the health and safety of all persons affected by our activities carries equal status to other business objectives. Our Management System fully reflects and embraces the primary objectives of this policy.
The responsibility for health and safety issues rests with the our company directors. This responsibility will be delegated through the management organisation of the company.
As an integral part of the management of our business, every Manager is responsible for ensuring adequate resources are made available to achieve the goals of the H&S policy. Every employee is contractually obliged to support the H&S policy and will be fully committed to its implementation.
National Groundworks Ltd will:
- Operate and maintain a health & safety management system within a management structure, to ensure that all persons working for and on behalf of National Groundworks Ltd are adequately trained, informed, instructed, managed and monitored in order to maintain the highest safety, health & welfare standards, and to continually reduce the company’s accident/incident rate.
- Maintain an organisational structure and promote a culture, which encourages full and active participation of all employees in the systematic control of health & safety.
- Develop and maintain an effective health & safety management system adequately resourced to implement the company H&S policy.
- Comply with the requirements of appropriate regulations and codes of practice.
- Implement structured training in health & safety matters.
- Ensure that potential health & safety risks, associated with projects and operations are assessed as early as is practicable, in order to minimise adverse effects and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Regularly monitor, review and audit the H&S management system and performance to ensure compliance with the policy and encourage continual improvement in the process.